Friday, November 7, 2008

DOMESTIC BLISS | Christina Quisumbing Ramilo


Domestic Bliss
CHRISTINA QUISUMBING RAMILO
November 12-29, 2009

“ Domestic Bliss chronicles my coming back to the Philippines after being away for 23 years.

I initially used the renovation of my grandmother’s termite-infested house to reexamine and address personal issues: wanting to recapture the place i grew up in, coming to terms with my ageing parents, finding closure from past relationships and reestablishing myself in Manila.

The objects were constructed and reconstructed mostly from discarded materials used and found in my parents and grandmother’s house, and from earlier works done in New York. The works speak about the time I was constantly moving from one place to the next and my desire to find home wherever that may be.” (Christina Quisumbing Ramilo, November 2008)

GREEN PAPAYA ART PROJECTS
41 T. Gener St. corner Kamuning Road, Quezon City
Phone/Fax +632 7941628
VIEWING HOURS: WEDNESDAY-SATURDAY 2-7 PM

No comments: